These cookie and cream rice krispie treats are made with just 7 ingredients, and take only 15 minutes of prep! Made with browned butter and stuffed with crumbled oreo cookies and white chocolate chips, they're the perfect rice krispie treat recipe!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails
Tell me about these rice krispie treats!
- Texture: the bars get a great crunch from the crushed up oreo cookies and rice krispie cereal, but the melted marshmallow keeps everything nice and gooey
- Ease: these no bake bars only take 15 minutes to put together, with most of the time being taken up by browning the butter and melting the marshmallows.
- Flavour: the bars are packed with chopped up oreos and white chocolate chips, and the brown butter used to bind everything together balances out the sweetness.
- Time: the longest part of this recipe is waiting for the bars to set!
Here are a few notes about the 7 ingredients needed for these cookies and cream rice krispie treats:
- Rice Krispie Cereal: this is an obvious one!
- Oreos: you can sub out these oreos for golden oreos, double stuff oreos, or maybe try your favorite cookie?
- Butter: I use unsalted butter for this recipe to control the amount of salt in the recipe. I brown the butter to add more flavour to the recipe, but you can just use melted butter if you would prefer.
- Marshmallows: make sure to use white marshmallows (I know some packs come with pink marshmallows!) or it'll change the colour of the bars
- White chocolate chips: this gives a real cookies and cream taste, but you can sub them out for regular chocolate chips.
- Salt: every baking recipe needs some salt to balance it out!
- Vanilla extract: always a must for every recipe!
FAQs and Expert Tips
All you need to do is line your tray with parchment paper
You don't have to brown butter but it definitely adds a nice balance to the taste. If you haven't browned butter before, place the butter in a small saucepan over medium/low heat. Once the butter has melted, increase the heat to medium. Stir the butter with a heatproof spatula and it'll start to foam up. Eventually, you'll get a really toasty and nutty smell, and small brown flecks, this is the milk solids browning. Continue stirring as you don't want them to stick to the bottom of the pan then take off of the heat.
I melted white chocolate and dark chocolate in the microwave and used a spoon to drizzle the tops of the treats. I then sprinkled some of the crushed oreos on top.
Make sure to not pack down the cereal batter in the tray, or it'll cause the bars to become really hard.
Other bar recipes to try:
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Rice Krispie Treats
- Rocky Road Brownies
Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- 9x13 inch baking pan
- 270 grams rice krispie cereal
- 113 grams unsalted butter
- 566 grams marshmallows
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 oreos
- 100 grams white chocolate chips
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, place the rice krispies, chips and crushed oreos.
- Place butter in a large saucepan and melt. Allow the butter to begin to brown, with small brown flakes at the bottom. Add the marshmallows, vanilla and salt and stir until melted, about 3 minutes
- Pour the butter marshmallow mixture over the cereal and fold
- Pour into the prepared pan. Using a spatula, gently press down. Don’t press down too hard or they’ll be too compact!
- Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour, then slice