These gooey and chewy Biscoff rice krispie treats are the perfect no bake treat! These marshmallow treats are folded with melted Biscoff spread and covered in white chocolate and Speculoos cookies. I cannot get enough of these marshmallow treats!
These delicious simple Biscoff rice krispie treats are based off of my peanut butter rice krispie treat recipe. I couldn’t veer too far away because I think this recipe gives you a perfectly sweet and chewy bar.
Tell me about this recipe!
- I love to use brown butter in my rice krispie treats. This balances out the sweetness of the marshmallows and adds a bit of nuttiness to the recipe.
- The cereal is folded with melted marshmallows and cookie butter spread.
- Once the treats are in their pan, cover them with melted white chocolate and melted cookie butter, then swirl them together. Finally, top them with Speculoo cookies!
- You’ll have to let the treats sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours before slicing.
The printable recipe card with the full list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
- Biscoff: Biscoff spread is like gingersnap cookies and graham crackers mixed into a spread, so delicious! You can also use cookie butter from Trader Joes.
- White Chocolate: make sure you use a good quality white chocolate for this recipe as it will make a huge difference.
- Marshmallows: use fresh marshmallows, not week old ones in an open bag! We want them to be nice, fluffy and fresh.
How to make this recipe
Step 1: Start by browning your butter. Place the butter in a large saucepan and melt it on medium heat. Allow the milk solids in the melted butter to turn a light brown and become toasted. Add your marshmallows, vanilla and salt. Stir for three minutes until completely melted.
Step 2: Pour the marshmallow mixture over your cereal and then pour your melted Biscoff spread on top.
Step 3: Fold the mixture together, making sure you have thick ribbons of Biscoff spread throughout the cereal.
Step 4: Pour the mixture into a lined 8×8 square pan. Use a rubber spatula to gently press down the mixture. Don’t press too hard as you don’t want it to get too hard!
Step 5: In a small bowl, melt your white chocolate in the microwave. Stir every 15 seconds so it doesn’t burn. Once it has completely melted, pour over the treats. Use a small offset spatula to spread it evenly.
Step 6: Melt the Biscoff spread in a microwave for 15 seconds. Use a spoon to dollop the spread on top of the white chocolate.
Step 7: Using a toothpick or a butter knife, swirl the two together.
Step 8: Gently press down your Speculoo biscuits. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to firm up completely. Slice and serve!
- I highly recommend using a weighing scale and measuring out your ingredients the metric way. It makes a huge difference to your baking and is the most accurate way to bake!
- I use European style butter, like Kerry Gold, in my recipes. European style butter has a higher butterfat content, making it much richer and creamier.
- Make sure to stir the white chocolate every 15 seconds when melting it, otherwise it may burn!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Double all the ingredients and pour into a 9×13 pan. Follow the same directions.
Let them chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before slicing, you need to let the chocolate to set completely.
Keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days in room temperature. If the weather is warm it might be best to keep in the fridge so the chocolate doesn’t melt.
Try these no bake desserts next!
Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
- 8×8 pan
Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
- 135 grams rice krispies
- 56 grams unsalted butter
- 283 grams marshmallows
- 113 grams biscoff spread melted
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 265 grams white chocolate chopped
- 100 grams biscoff spread melted
- Line a 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Pour your cereal into a large bowl.
- In a microwave, melt the Biscoff spread for the bars for 15 seconds
- Place butter in a large saucepan and melt. Allow the butter to begin to brown, with small brown flakes at the bottom. Add the marshmallows, vanilla and salt and stir until melted, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the butter marshmallow mixture over the cereal, and then add melted Biscoff spread. Fold, but you don’t want to over mix as we still want thick swirls of cookie butter in the mix
- Pour into the prepared pan. Using a spatula, gently press down. Don’t press down too hard or they’ll be too compact
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave. Microwave in short bursts, stirring every 15 seconds, until smooth. Pour over the rice krispie treats and use an offset spatula to cover the cereal evenly.
- Melt the biscoff spread in the microwave. Microwave for 15 seconds. Spoon dollops of the melted biscoff on top of the chocolate. Use a wooden skewer or butter knife to swirl together. Gently press cookies on top.
- Let it chill in the fridge for at least two hours then slice.