Learn to make speedy and healthy baked oats for breakfast! This super quick recipe is the perfect portion size for one and I give four flavour options: double chocolate chip, cookie butter, peanut butter and jelly, and nutella and tahini. Basically cake for breakfast and ready in five minutes.
Why you’ll love this recipe!
- Super quick! These oats are baked in 5 minutes and only 2 minutes prep – breakfast in record time.
- Perfectly portioned. This recipe is for 1, but you can easily double it
- Because of the baking powder, this baked oatmeal almost tastes like cake for breakfast.
- Easy to customize. I give four different flavour mix-ins, but there are so many possibilities! Add sprinkles for a funfetti version, apples and cinnamon, peanut butter and bananas..
- You can prep all the dry ingredients the night before to make your mornings even smoother
All you need are 5 simple ingredients!
- Oats: I used rolled oats for this, but as we’re going to grind it into a powder it doesn’t matter too much
- Vanilla Extract: this gives some flavour to the oats, but you could substitute almond extract
- Milk: if you don’t eat dairy you can substitute the milk for nut milk or even water
- Salt: I always add a pinch of salt, even if I’m making a sweet version of baked oats
- Baking Powder: this helps give a cake like texture to the oats.
Then it’s time to add some mix-ins! Above from left to right, I have nutella tahini, peanut butter and jelly, cookie butter and then double chocolate. Use 1/2 a tablespoon of flavour per serving.
Baked Oats – 4 Flavours
- 1 small baking dish
- 40 grams oats ½ cup
- 75 ml milk ⅓ cup
- pinch salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Mix-ins – choose one:
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp cookie butter
Peanut Butter & Jelly
- ½ tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tbsp jelly
Nutella & Tahini
- ½ tbsp nutella
- ½ tbsp tahini
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C
- In a blender, pulse the oats, baking powder and salt. Add in the milk and your flavourings.
- Pour into your baking dish and bake for 5 minutes