This no bake peanut butter fudge is made from just 5 ingredients! This creamy peanut butter fudge doesn't need any fancy equipment or a candy thermometer, and you can whip it up in just 10 minutes.
I love a candy or dessert that only needs a few simple ingredients but packs a punch! This smooth and creamy peanut butter fudge looks fancy but I promise it is so easy to make! I love that I don't need a candy thermometer or any fancy equipment to make this fudge.
Tell me about this recipe!
- Simple Ingredients - this recipe only needs 5 ingredients, that's it! All you need is peanut butter,butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Customizable - if you want to get fancy you can add some sprinkles on top or flaky sea salt (which is what I did!). I think you could also sprinkle over some chopped nuts.
- 1 Bowl Recipe - this easy to make fudge recipe is made in just 1 bowl, no stirring over a hot pan here.
Peanut Butter: I have only tested this recipe with creamy commercial peanut butter, and not the natural peanut butter which has oil on top.
Confectioner's Sugar: this is also known as icing sugar or powdered sugar. I suggest sifting it before using so the fudge doesn't have any lumps!
Vanilla Extract: because there aren't a ton of ingredients in this recipe, make sure to use a high quality vanilla!
Unsalted Butter: I always use European butter because it is much creamier and richer than American butter.
Salt: I think you always need a little bit of salt in desserts! I also added some extra flaky sea salt on top of the finished fudge.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Take a large bowl which is microwave safe and place your butter and peanut butter inside. I recommend cubing your butter beforehand as that will help it melt faster.
Step 2: Microwave the butter and peanut butter together in 30 seconds increments, stirring after every 30 seconds until melted.
Step 3: Take the bowl out of the microwave. Add your confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Mix everything together using a rubber spatula until smooth. It will be very thick, like cookie dough!
Step 4: Pour the fudge dough into an 8x8 pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Press the top of the fudge with the rubber spatula to smooth out the top and chill in the fridge until set. Once set, remove and slice into squares.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Use a weighing scale – I highly recommend using a weighing scale and measuring out your ingredients the metric way. It makes a huge difference to your baking and is the most accurate way to bake!
- Add Toppings- I added flakey salt to the top of the fudge here, but you could also add sprinkles, chopped nuts, chopped peanut butter cups or chocolate chips!
- Smooth Top - to get a smooth top to the fudge, use a small offset spatula or a rubber spatula to slowly smooth out the top until you get rid of all the ripples and cracks! Do this before you place the pan in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can store the fudge in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week! You can also freeze the fudge for up to 2 months, just let it defrost before serving.
Yes! Double the ingredients and pour the fudge into a 9x13 inch pan instead of an 8x8 pan.
I've tested this recipe with both and I recommend using parchment paper instead of foil. The foil created indents in the fudge so it didn't look smooth!
Try these recipes next!
No Bake Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 8x8 baking pan
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and butter together. It'll take 2-3 minutes to melt, make sure you stir the mixture after every 45 seconds. Once completely smooth, remove from the microwave.1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup unsalted butter
- Add in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Stir everything together with a rubber spatula until the mixture is very thick and smooth.3 teaspoons vanilla extract, 3 cups confectioners' sugar, ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pour into the 8x8 pan and use a small offset spatula to even out the top. Chill for at least 3 hours. Slice into 64 1" squares or larger squares if you prefer!