Start your day with this fresh spinach mango smoothie! Made with just 5 simple ingredients, this green smoothie is the perfect way to start the day.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails
This super green mango spinach smoothie has three different fruits and veggies in it, and I will take all the nutrients I can get in the morning! I've also added some flaxseed for extra fiber. If you're looking to pump up the protein, you can also add a scoop of protein powder!
During the winter I love making some chocolate baked oats, but when the sun is shining you will always find me with a Shrek green smoothie. It's just a great way to get fresh fruit and vegetables!
Why you'll love this spinach mango smoothie!
- Amazing Breakfast: This nourishing green smoothie is made with three fruits and vegetables, so it is the perfect way to start your day.
- Simple Ingredients: You only need 5 ingredients to make this smoothie.
- Great Texture: This mango spinach smoothie is super thick and creamy, but you can add more almond milk if you prefer a thinner smoothie!
- Double or Trip the Recipe: This makes one smoothie, but you can easily double or triple the ingredients to make more smoothies.
- Mango: you can use fresh or frozen mango here. I prefer using mango as it really thickens up the smoothie.
- Baby Spinach: you can also use fresh or frozen spinach here! I personally prefer frozen spinach as I always have it in my freezer.
- Ground Flaxseed: ground flaxseed is going to give you more fiber!
- Banana: I'm adding half of a frozen banana, but you can use a fresh banana if you prefer.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: I prefer using almond milk, but you can use oat milk, regular dairy milk, or soy milk.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Substitutions & Variations
- Add a scoop of unflavored protein powder or vanilla protein powder.
- Feel free to add a tablespoon of peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter.
- Add up to a half cup of greek yogurt to make this smoothie extra creamy, and it adds more protein!
- Swap out the almond milk for coconut water or coconut milk.
- You can swap out the flaxseed for chia seeds or hemp hearts.
- If you don't love bananas, swap it out for frozen cauliflower or frozen cauliflower rice. I promise you can't taste it!
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Add the almond milk, spinach, banana, mango and flaxseed to a blender.
Step 2: Blend until smooth and enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Fresh or Frozen: You can use fresh mango, banana and raw spinach, but I prefer using frozen fruits and vegetables to make my smoothie super thick and creamy.
- Blender: Depending on your blender you may need to add more liquid to get it to blend. This is the blender I use. You want to use a high-speed blender so the smoothie gets super smooth.
- Thinner Smoothie: If you prefer a thinner smoothie, you can add more liquid.
- No Bananas: If you aren't a fan of bananas, swap it out for frozen cauliflower rice or for greek yogurt.
- Sweeten it up: I find this smoothie naturally sweet, but if you want to sweeten it more you can add a bit of maple syrup.
Yes, if you follow the recipe as written it is vegan and dairy free. If you want to add yogurt, add dairy free yogurt. If you want to add protein powder, use a plant-based protein powder.
As someone who doesn't love spinach (or a lot of leafy greens to be honest), you definitely can't taste it! It tastes slightly sweet thanks to the banana and fruity because of the mango.
This smoothie is best enjoyed on the day of making.
Spinach Mango Smoothie
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup spinach fresh or frozen
- 1 cup mango frozen
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed or chia seeds
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer a thinner smoothie, add more almond milk. Pour into a glass and enjoy!½ frozen banana, 1 cup spinach, 1 cup mango, ½ cup almond milk, 1 tablespoon flaxseed