Celebrate pumpkin spice season with this healthy pumpkin smoothie! This creamy smoothie is loaded up with all the pumpkin pie flavors, and it takes just 5 minutes to make.
If you love a pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin pie, or just anything pumpkin, then this healthy pumpkin smoothie is perfect for you!
I start most mornings with a smoothie and I love making this once it's Fall! It's also a great recipe to make if you have some leftover pumpkin puree (maybe from making these pumpkin cookies!) hanging out in the fridge.
Why you'll love this recipe!
- You only need 8 simple ingredients!
- This is a great breakfast, snack, or after-workout treat to have during fall!
- This tastes just like a pumpkin pie but in smoothie form.
- It only takes a few minutes to make.
- You can easily adapt this recipe to be dairy free or vegan.
- Pumpkin Puree: Make sure you're using 100% pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling! The pumpkin pie filling will have extra sugar in it.
- Frozen Bananas: I prefer using frozen bananas since they make my smoothie a lot thicker. You can swap it out for fresh though!
- Greek Yogurt: Using Greek yogurt will boost up the protein! If you're vegan or dairy free make sure to use a vegan yogurt.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: A sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice will help enhance the pumpkin pie flavor.
- Milk: You can use regular whole milk or a dairy-free milk like almond milk, soy milk or oat milk.
- Nut Butter: Add a boost of magnesium to the smoothie by adding a tablespoon of nut butter! I prefer to use cashew butter for this smoothie but you can also use almond butter.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Place all of the ingredients in your blender.
Step 2: Blend until completely smooth and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- I don't recommend adding ice to your smoothie as it will water it down. If you want your smoothie to be colder then I recommend adding frozen bananas instead of fresh bananas!
- Add extra protein by adding a scoop of unflavored protein powder or collagen powder.
- I also like adding a tablespoon of chia seed, ground flaxseeds or hemp seeds to my smoothies.
- If your smoothie isn't as smooth as you would like you can add some more milk.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can, I recommend using frozen cauliflower or frozen cauliflower rice instead of the banana or adding more Greek yogurt.
This pumpkin smoothie is best enjoyed right away!
Try these breakfast ideas next!
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.1 frozen banana, ½ cup pumpkin puree, ½ cup Greek yogurt, ½ cup milk, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon nut butter