This indulgent Nutella baked oats recipe is the perfect breakfast for one! Made with cocoa powder, Nutella spread, and chopped hazelnuts, this baked oatmeal recipe takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. The perfect breakfast treat for oatmeal lovers!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails
While I am all for a special treat for breakfast like oreo cinnamon rolls, this homemade Nutella baked oats recipe is a lot easier to make and just as indulgent! Baked oats went viral on TikTok and for good reason, it basically tastes like a cake!
Why you'll love these Nutella baked oats!
- This recipe is so quick! It only takes 5 minutes of prep and it's made with simple ingredients.
- The ingredients are all blended together in a blender or food processor before being poured into an oven safe ramekin.
- You can easily double up the recipe if you want to make more than 1 portion.
- Hardly any clean up! Just your blender and the dish you use to bake the oats.
- You can prep all the dry ingredients the night before if you want to prep ahead of time when you have busier mornings.
- I sprinkled over a small amount of chopped hazelnuts to the top of the oats after baking.
Banana: make sure to use a ripe banana as it will be sweeter! If you don't love the taste of banana, don't worry as these baked oats don't have a banana flavor.
Oats: I'm using old fashioned rolled oats, but you could also use oat flour.
Nutella: use delicious Nutella spread or another chocolate hazelnut spread.
Honey: you can also use maple syrup if you prefer.
Cocoa Powder: this helps give more of a chocolate flavor to the baked oats!
Egg: you will need 1 large egg for this recipe.
How to make this recipe
Step 1: In a blender or food processor, blend all of the ingredients together until smooth.
Step 2: Lightly grease an oven safe ramekin. Pour the wet ingredients into the ramekin and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes before eating!
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Grease the ramekin - Make sure to grease your ramekin with vegetable oil or a baking or cooking spray! Otherwise the baked oats might stick to the sides, making it difficult to eat and also difficult to clean later.
- Make sure ramekin is the right size - The oats should only go up half way to three quarters of the way up, otherwise it might overflow in the oven.
- Doubling the recipe - If you want to make this for more than one serving, double or triple the recipe. Pour into 2 or 3 ramekins and bake for the same amount of time.
- Extra Mix ins - to make these even more chocolatey, add some chocolate chips!
- Don't overbake - if you overbake the oats then you won't get a gooey center and it will have a drier texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! These baked oats are sweetened naturally with bananas and honey plus they have fiber. If you want to make them healthier then I recommend scaling back on the amount of Nutella in the recipe. This breakfast will keep you full until lunch!
Just make sure that the oats you are using say they are gluten free!
Try these breakfast recipes next!
Nutella Baked Oats
- 1 small baking dish
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 banana
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Lightly grease a ramekin with baking spray or use a pastry brush to brush over vegetable oil.
- In a blender, blend together all of the main ingredients. Pour into your ramekin.
- Pour into your baking dish and bake for 22-25 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes before eating. You can sprinkle over some chopped hazelnuts if you wish!