If you love chocolate-covered cherries then you have to make this chocolate cherry smoothie! Made with just 6 simple ingredients, it takes less than 5 minutes to make.
This thick and creamy chocolate cherry smoothie is like having dessert for breakfast! While some days I like a green smoothie, I love having this cherry chocolate smoothie since it has such a chocolatey kick!
This chocolate smoothie is also naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan so it's perfect for those with food allergies!
This chocolate cherry smoothie tastes so decadent but it's healthy!
Why you'll love this chocolate cherry smoothie!
- This smoothie is naturally plant-based thanks to using vegan milk and a plant-based protein powder!
- All you need to make this smoothie is a blender and 6 simple ingredients.
- I've got a secret ingredient that I add to my smoothies to make them extra thick and creamy.
- This recipe uses frozen cherries so you can make it all year round!
- Cherries: I'm using frozen cherries because this will make the smoothie super thick and creamy. You can also use fresh cherries if that's what you have on hand, but the smoothie won't be as thick.
- Cauliflower: this is the secret ingredient I love adding to my smoothies! It helps make it thick and creamy, plus you don't taste the cauliflower at all! I'm using frozen cauliflower rice. If you don't want to add cauliflower swap it out for a frozen banana.
- Milk: feel free to use whatever milk you like! I used unsweetened almond milk but you can also use oat milk, coconut milk, soy milk, or regular milk if you aren't dairy free.
- Cinnamon: I like adding a pinch of cinnamon!
- Vanilla Extract: this is optional but I like to add a dash of vanilla extract. You can also add almond extract if you prefer.
- Chocolate Protein Powder: I like to use a vegan plant based protein powder, but you can use a regular chocolate protein powder. If you don't have protein powder on hand you can use cocoa powder or cacao powder, but I recommend adding some Greek yogurt to get a protein boost.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Place all of the ingredients in the blender.
Step 2: Blend until smooth and enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Add more milk to the blender if you're finding it tricky to blend and the smoothie isn't as smooth as you would like. You can also add more milk if you want a thinner smoothie.
- Pump up the protein and make the smoothie creamier by adding some Greek yogurt!
- Add some healthy fats with a tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter.
- Boost up the nutrition by adding some ground flaxseed or chia seeds before blending. This is going to add extra fiber to the smoothie.
- You can add more greens to this smoothie by adding frozen spinach or kale.
- Serve the smoothie with some cocoa nibs or chocolate chips to get an extra chocolatey taste!
- I find this smoothie quite sweet, but if you want it sweeter you can add a drizzle of maple syrup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cherries are loaded with minerals and vitamins, while cauliflower is high in fiber. So yup, this smoothie is pretty healthy!
Yes, just make sure you pit them and remove the stems.
I recommend drinking this smoothie as soon as you've made it!
Make these breakfast recipes next!
Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 cup milk I used almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Feel free to add extra milk if the smoothie is too thick and not smooth enough.1 cup frozen cherries, ½ cup frozen cauliflower rice, 1 cup milk, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, pinch ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract