This single serving of chocolate baked oats is the perfect way to start the day! Made with 9 simple ingredients, and takes just a few minutes to prepare. It's like having dessert for breakfast!
While I'm usually a smoothie lover for breakfast, I can't say no to fluffy cake like chocolate baked oatmeal! Like my baked oats for one, this is a simple baked oatmeal recipe filled with healthy ingredients like rolled oats and banana.
You can prep this the night before by weighing out all the ingredients, that way the morning of you just need to blend, pour and bake! This is a super filling breakfast, so you don't need to worry about getting hungry before lunch. It's also basically like having cake for breakfast since the oats have a cake-like texture!
Why you'll love this chocolate baked oats recipe!
- I'm using simple pantry ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
- It's got nourishing ingredients that will keep you full all morning!
- You get a rich chocolate flavor thanks to using both cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
- These chocolate oats are great if you prefer a hot breakfast over something chilled like overnight oats.
- This is an easy recipe, you'll just need a blender or food processor and a ramekin to bake the oats in.
- Rolled Oats: you'll want to use whole oats, rolled oats, old fashioned oats or quick oats. If you're in the UK you can use porridge oats. You can also use oat flour since this is going to be blended! I don't recommend using steel cut oats.
- Cocoa Powder: feel free to use natural cocoa powder or dutch processed cocoa powder.
- Chocolate Chips: you can use semisweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
- Banana: this is going to thicken up the oatmeal mixture! It doesn't taste too much like banana (this is coming from someone who isn't a huge fan of bananas!)
- Maple Syrup: you can swap this out for honey or agave syrup.
- Baking Powder: this is going to help the chocolate baked oats rise in the oven.
- Vanilla Extract: add a dash of vanilla extract for flavor.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Grease a 7oz ramekin with baking spray or vegetable oil. Preheat your oven to 350°Fahrenheit. In a blender, combine all of the ingredients together until smooth and pour into the greased ramekin. Sprinkle over the chocolate chips.
Step 2: Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes before eating as it will be really hot. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- This recipe is enough for a single serving, but if you want to make these baked oats for more than one person you can double or triple the ingredients and pour into 2-3 ramekins.
- Don't overbake these oats, because of the cocoa powder it can easily get dry if overbaked.
- Serve this chocolate baked oatmeal with fresh berries like strawberries.
- Make sure you're using a big enough ramekin or baking dish! Otherwise it might overflow when baking. The baking dish I'm using is 7oz.
- Stir some peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter in before baking for chocolate nut butter oats.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, just make sure you're using gluten free certified oats.
Yes, make sure you're using an air fryer safe dish and bake at 300°Fahrenheit for 10-14 minutes.
I recommend eating this chocolate baked oatmeal on the day of making it, it doesn't store well.
Chocolate Baked Oats
- 1 small baking dish
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 banana
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Lightly grease a ramekin with baking spray or use a pastry brush to brush over vegetable oil.
- In a blender, blend together all of the main ingredients. Pour into your ramekin. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.½ cup old fashioned rolled oats, 1 banana, ½ teaspoon baking powder, pinch salt, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, ½ tablespoon chocolate chips
- Pour into your baking dish and bake for 22-25 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes before eating.