These delicious chewy raspberry blondies are loaded up with dark chocolate chips! You can make these in one bowl and no electric mixer required. These simple gooey blondies are so easy to make and take just 10 minutes to prepare.
I am always up for making brownies or blondies for picnics, bakesales or just a regular weekday treat! I’ve always got some frozen brownies and blondies in my freezer, like my Oreo brookies or my cookie butter blondies. These chewy raspberry blondies are going to have to be part of that rotation, they’re just so delicious and I love the flavor from the tart raspberries.
I love that you can make these dark chocolate raspberry blondies in 1 bowl and you don’t need a mixer. I made these with dark chocolate chips but I think they would also be so good with white chocolate chips.
Why you’ll love these blondies!
- These are super chewy blondies made with simple ingredients like melted butter, light brown sugar, eggs and flour.
- I add a little bit of cornstarch to the batter to keep them soft!
- I used frozen raspberries, that way you can make them year round, but you could also use fresh berries.
- I loaded up these blondies with dark chocolate chips but you could replace them with white chocolate chips or leave out the chips entirely.
- They’re made in 1 bowl and take under 10 minutes to prepare.
Butter: I’m using unsalted butter. Make sure to melt it and let it cool down to room temperature before starting!
Raspberries: I used frozen raspberries in this recipe, you can also use fresh raspberries! If you’re using frozen, don’t defrost them.
Cornstarch: cornstarch, known as cornflour in the UK, will keep our blondies super soft!
Flour: I’m using all purpose flour in this blondie recipe. I haven’t tried this with gluten free flour but you could probably substitute it for all purpose gluten free 1:1 flour.
Chocolate Chips: I used mini chocolate chips and chose dark chocolate, but you could use milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips!
Step by Step Instructions
You’ll need a large mixing bowl, a whisk, a rubber spatula and an 8×8 square pan.
Step 1: In a large bowl, whisk the cooled melted butter with the light brown sugar. Once smooth, add in your egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Whisk again until smooth.
Step 2: Fold in the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt. Fold everything together with a rubber spatula until there are no more streaks of the flour mixture.
Step 3: Add in your chocolate chips and frozen raspberries. Fold them into the batter carefully as you don’t want to break the raspberries apart! Keep a small handful of chocolate chips and raspberries to the side.
Step 4: Grease and line an 8×8 baking tin with parchment paper. Pour in your blondie batter and use your rubber spatula to even out the batter. Sprinkle over the reserved chips and raspberries on top of the blondie batter. Bake in an oven preheated to 350° Fahrenheit/ 175°Celsius for 32-36 minutes. Let them cool completely in the pan before taking them out and slicing.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Use a weighing scale – I highly recommend using a weighing scale and measuring out your ingredients the metric way. It makes a huge difference to your baking and is the most accurate way to bake!
- Use the fluff and sprinkle method to measure your flour – if you aren’t using a scale to measure ingredients then make sure you are measuring your flour correctly! Go to this link here to find out how to do that. If you use too much flour, then you won’t have those delicious moist crumbs!
- Let the melted butter cool – make sure to melt the butter in advance and let it cool completely before baking. To speed this up, pop your hot melted butter in the fridge while you prep the other ingredients!
- Let it cool completely – allow the blondies to cool completely before slicing into bars.
Frequently Asked Questions
Personally, I like a fudgy and gooey blondie! If you prefer a more cakey blondie though, you can bake these for a few extra minutes.
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to 1 week! You can also tightly wrap each blondie in plastic wrap and freeze. Let them defrost overnight in the fridge when ready to eat.
Definitely! You could also use an equal amount of nuts or whatever other mix in you like!
Try these bar recipes next!
- 1 8×8 inch baking pan
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup frozen raspberries
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°Fahrenheit/175°Celsius. Grease and line an 8×8 baking pan, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cooled melted butter and light brown sugar. Once smooth, add in your egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Whisk once more.
- Pour in the flour, baking powder, salt and cornstarch. Use a rubber spatula to fold everything together until there are no more streaks of flour.
- Add in your frozen raspberries and chocolate chips (though keep a small handful of both raspberries and chocolate chips to the side), folding gently so the raspberries don't break apart.
- Pour the blondie batter into your prepared pan. Use the rubber spatula to even out the top. Sprinkle over the reserved chocolate chips and raspberries. Bake for 32-36 minutes, they should be a golden brown, and set. Allow them to cool completely before slicing into 9 or 12 bars.