Every December I always look forward to the Christmas tiffin bars from Pret (please don't judge me for how sad this is, but I get really excited). Obviously this year everything looks a little different, including no longer going into central London where there is a Pret on every block! I've really missed these no bake Christmas bars (again, no judgement please) so had to give the recipe a go myself!
If you've never had one of these bars before, which in the UK is called a tiffin, it's a mixture of crushed cookies, chocolate, syrup, and is usually covered in a layer of chocolate. These particular no bake Christmas bars have a bottom layer of chocolate, ginger cookies, and orange zest. The top layer is made up of white chocolate, pistachios and dried cranberries - all the flavours of Christmas!
Ingredients for No Bake Christmas Bars
- Syrup I use golden syrup to keep the bottom layer of these no bake bars together, but you could substitute it for honey or maple syrup!
- Ginger Cookies crushed up a sleeve of ginger biscuits for the bottom layer, but you could also substitute it for digestive biscuits!
- Chocolate this recipe uses a mix of dark chocolate and white chocolate, but if you aren't a fan of dark chocolate you could substitute it for milk chocolate
- Pistachios & Cranberries are sprinkled on top of the white chocolate layer, but go crazy with your toppings! Sprinkles, more crushed cookies, nuts - so many options!
Other recipes to try
No Bake Christmas Bars
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 250 grams ginger cookies, crushed
- 150 grams golden syrup
- 300 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- zest 1 orange
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 300 grams white chocolate, chopped
- 20 grams dried cranberries
- 25 grams pistachios, chopped
- Line an 8inch rectangular baking tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the chopped dark chocolate and stir together until it has melted.
- Add in the crushed cookies, orange zest and spices. Mix well and then pour into your prepared pan. Press down evenly using a silicone spatula, and then put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave or over a double boiler, then pour over the dark chocolate layer. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and cranberries. Put in the fridge for at least one hour, then cut into small bars.