These Oreo cheesecake brownies have a fudgy chocolate brownie base with white chocolate chips, swirled with an Oreo cheesecake filling! These Oreo cheesecake are the ultimate dessert for Oreo lovers.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails
These fudgy Oreo cheesecake brownies are based on my marble cheesecake brownies! For this recipe I've added a bunch of chopped and crushed Oreo cookies as well as some white chocolate chips.
Thanks to all the Oreos in these cheesecake brownies, you'll get some Oreo cookies in every bite!
Why you'll love this recipe!
- Double Chocolate: The brownie base of this recipe is super fudgy and chocolatey thanks to having 2 types of chocolate - cocoa powder and melted chocolate.
- Oreo Cheesecake: The top layer is swirled with an Oreo cheesecake, this is just like having an Oreo cheesecake but baked in a brownie!
- Super Easy: This is an easy to make recipe but you'll need a few bowls to make the different layers!
- Make Ahead: You can make these Oreo cream cheese brownies the night before and put them in the fridge. Keeping them in the fridge will keep them extra fudgy!
- Flour: I've only tested this recipe with all purpose flour.
- Cocoa Powder: I'm using dutch processed cocoa powder, but you can also use natural cocoa powder in a pinch. Just note that the chocolate won't be as dark or rich.
- Chocolate: I'm using dark chocolate in this recipe as I like my brownies to be super rich and chocolatey!
- White Chocolate Chips: this is totally optional but I love getting an extra hit of chocolate with these white chocolate chips!
- Oreos: I'm using regular plain Oreos.
- Cream Cheese: If you're based in Europe and your cream cheese comes in a tub instead of packets, pat it down with a paper towel to get rid of the extra moisture.
Step by Step Process
Step 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the cheesecake filling ingredients until smooth. Add the crushed Oreo cookies and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°Fahrenheit/175°Celsius with a rack in the middle.
Step 2: In a large bowl, melt the butter. Once melted add the chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted. If it isn't melting, you can put in the microwave in 10 second increments until melted.
Step 3: In a large bowl with a handheld mixer or in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the light brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, egg yolk, vanilla extract and oil for 5 minutes on medium-high speed. This is going to give us that shiny crinkly top!
Step 4: Fold the cocoa powder, flour and salt with the melted chocolate mixture. Fold until there are no more streaks of flour.
Step 5: Pour the sugar mixture into the melted chocolate mixture, folding until well combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
Step 6: Pour ¾ of the brownie batter into a 8x8 greased and lined baking pan. Then spread the Oreo cream cheese filling on top. Finally, use a spoon or an ice cream scoop to dollop the remaining brownie batter on top. Use a butter knife or a toothpick to swirl the two together. Bake for 25-30 minutes, let it cool completely before slicing.
Expert Tips & Tricks
- Kitchen Scale: I recommend using the metric measurements and a weighing scale! Measuring your ingredients this way is much more accurate plus you won't have a bunch of cups to wash afterwards.
- Crushed Oreos: Crush your Oreos using a blender, food processor, or placing them in a ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. I like having a mixture of bigger chunks and fine Oreo powder.
- Double the Recipe: If you want to make a bigger batch, double the ingredients and bake in a 9x13 pan.
- Room Temperature: Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before starting this recipe, especially the eggs and the cream cheese!
- Baking Chips: I used white chocolate chips in the brownie batter but feel free to use regular milk chocolate chips or you can leave them out.
Yes you definitely can, just note that the brownies will be thinner and you'll need to decrease the baking time slightly.
If you didn't let the cream cheese come to room temperature before making the cheesecake filling it will be lumpy! I recommend taking it out of the fridge at least 2 hours in advance.
Yes, feel free to use different Oreo flavors for these Oreo brownies!
I recommend storing the sliced Oreo cheesecake brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Try these brownies next!
Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 8x8 baking pan
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 8 Oreos roughly chopped
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 oz dark chocolate chopped
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 175°C and line an 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil or grease it and line with parchment paper. Make sure that the paper or foil overhangs so you can easily lift the brownies out.
- Whisk together all of the Oreo cheesecake ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.½ cup sugar, 8 oz cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, 8 Oreos
- Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Once melted, add your chopped chocolate. Let the chocolate sit for a few minutes and then stir until it is completely melted. If the chocolate still hasn't melted, place the bowl back in the microwave and melt in 10 second increments, stirring after every 10 seconds.¾ cup unsalted butter, 4 oz dark chocolate
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large bowl with a handheld mixer, whisk the oil, sugar, light brown sugar, eggs, egg yolk and vanilla extract for 5 minutes on medium-high speed. This will give you a crinkly top for the brownies!2 eggs, 1 egg yolk, ¼ cup vegetable oil, ½ cup sugar, ½ cup light brown sugar, ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add your cocoa powder to the melted chocolate and fold until it is completely smooth.¼ cup cocoa powder
- Pour the sugar mixture into the melted chocolate butter mixture and use a rubber spatula to fold everything together. Pour in the flour and salt and fold until there are no more streaks of flour. Stir in the white chocolate chips½ cup all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Pour ¾ of the batter into the prepared pan. Spread the cheesecake mixture on top until it covers the surface, then dollop the reserved brownie mixture on. Use a butter knife or toothpick to create the swirls - make sure not to swirl too much!
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing.