These funfetti gooey bars are browned butter blondies, filled with sprinkles and stuffed with golden oreos! Think of your favorite cookie bar, but extra gooey and every square is packed with golden oreos. This super easy treat is ready in under 45 minutes and no mixer is required.
Tell me about these funfetti cookie bars!
- These funfetti blondie bars are made with brown butter – brown butter amps up the flavour of anything! The nuttiness of the browned butter balances out the sweetness of the oreos.
- You don’t need a mixer to make this, just a bowl and a whisk.
- Make sure to use long strand sprinkles, if you use nonpareils (the little circular ball sprinkles) they’ll just bleed into the batter and the gooey bars won’t show off the colours when they’re done.
- Make sure that you don’t overbake these blondies, otherwise they definitely won’t be gooey.
How to make funfetti cookie bars
The great thing about these blondies is how hassle free and easy it is. You don’t need a mixer and you probably have the majority of the ingredients in your pantry already!
After you’ve browned the butter, you’ll add in your sugars, vanilla and salt. Let it cool a bit before adding in your eggs. Give everything a good whisk so the batter is smooth, then add in your flour. Don’t overmix here, as we don’t want dense or cakey blondies. You can then fold in your sprinkles.
Pour half of the batter into a greased and lined tin. Smooth the top with a small offset spatula. Place your oreos like in the image below, then pour the rest of the batter on top. Use the offset spatula to try to evenly cover all of the oreos, before pouring the rest of the sprinkles on top. You might not be able to completely cover each oreo, but don’t worry as the blondies do rise due to the baking powder, so the cookies will be covered and sandwiched in the middle.
FAQ and Tips
The extra egg yolk in this recipe is what gives a really chewy texture to these bars, so don’t leave it out!
If you haven’t browned butter before, place the butter in a small saucepan over medium/low heat. Once the butter has melted, increase the heat to medium. Stir the butter with a heatproof spatula and it’ll start to foam up. Eventually, you’ll get a really toasty and nutty smell, and small brown flecks, this is the milk solids browning. Continue stirring as you don’t want them to stick to the bottom of the pan. Take the pan off the heat and let it cool slightly – and you’ve got browned butter!
You could replace them either normal Oreos, double stuffed Oreos, or leave them out all together.
Other Bar & Brownie Recipes:
Make sure to tag me on Instagram @alpineella and leave a review below if you’ve made these bars! If you want more baking ideas, you can follow me on Pinterest
Funfetti Gooey Bars with Golden Oreos
- 9×13 inch tin
- 284 grams all purpose flour
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 200 grams light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 170 grams unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sprinkles
- 20 golden Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease a 9×13 baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Let the butter begin to brown, once it gives off a nutty, toasty smell with brown flecks at the bottom, take it off the heat. Add the sugars, vanilla and salt and combine. Let it cool to room temperature.Add the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Pour the butter mixture into a large bowl and add the flour mixture. Stir until just combined – don't overmix it!
- Fold in the sprinkles, but keep ¼ cup to the side to sprinkle on top. Pour half of the batter into the pan, then lay out the oreos. Pour the remaining batter on top and sprinkle the rest of the sprinkles.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the edges are set and the top is golden. When you insert a toothpick, you should still have a few crumbs. We don't want to overbake it. Store blondies in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
These are the best dessert bars ever! So gooey and such an easy recipe too!