Get ready for Spring with these Cadbury mini egg chocolate chip cookies! These cookies are packed with mini egg candies and chocolate chips, and only take 25 minutes to make. Plus, no chilling time!
- Flavour: these cookies are packed with chocolate chips, mini eggs and are made with brown butter. The brown sugar in these cookies gives you that classic chocolate chip cookie taste!
- Texture: if you love soft and chewy cookies, this is the recipe for you. These cookies are super soft and pillowy.
- How easy is this: this is a super easy recipe, the hardest part is browning the butter but I will walk you through that!
- Time: These cookies take 25 minutes to prep, and then 10-12 minutes to cook – no chilling time means you get cookies in no time at all!
These cookies are so easy to make! Let’s go through the main steps:
- Brown your butter. This gives your cookies a great nutty and toasted taste.
- Add your sugars, salt, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda to the cooled butter. Add your egg and egg yolk and beat until fluffy.
- Pour in your flour and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mini eggs.
Scooping out the dough
Prepare your baking sheets before you start scooping out the dough. I like to bake my cookies one tray at a time. You can use an ice cream scooper or a tablespoon to scoop out the cookie dough. These cookies are each 2 tablespoons worth of dough. If you’re using a tablespoon to make the balls, scoop two out and then roll them together to create 1 cookie.
Do you always see these perfect bakery style cookies and wonder why yours don’t look the same? Here is a trick that I use to get bakery perfect cookies! Keep about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of mini eggs to the side when you’re making the cookie dough. After you roll each cookie into a ball, take about 3-4 chips and some of the candy and press it on top of the ball, like in the images below. When your cookies then come out of the oven, you can press more chocolate chips on top.
This is one of my fave tricks for round cookies from a Cloudy Kitchen. Find a mug or round cutter that is larger than the baked cookies. As soon as one tray comes out, place the cutter on top of each cookie and ‘scoot’ it around. Perfectly round cookies!
FAQs and Tips
Keep them in an airtight container for up to 5 days
Scoop the cookie dough into balls and place them in a container to freeze. Bake from frozen but it may take an extra minute or two in the oven.
Place your butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir the butter as it begins to melt. Once the butter has completely melted, it will start to foam and bubble. Make sure you continue stirring. The melted butter will turn a darker colour, and the milk solids at the bottom will go from white to a light brown. You’ll also know it’s ready by the smell, which should smell toasted and nutty. Take it off the heat and it is ready to use!
Cutting the mini eggs into smaller pieces with a knife isn’t easy! I recommend putting the mini eggs into a ziplock bag, and smashing them with a rolling pin.
Try adding in M&Ms, reeses pieces, or your favourite candy!
- Thick Halva Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Spiced Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Sprinkle Hamantaschen
Cadbury Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 300 grams flour 2 ½ cups
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 198 grams butter, room temperature 7 ounces
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 226 grams chocolate chips 8 ounces
- 145 grams cadbury mini eggs, broken up 5 ounces
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 213 grams light brown sugar 1 cup
- 198 grams sugar 1 cup
- Heat your oven to 350°F/180°C. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper. Once you have prepped your ingredients, keep ¼ cup of chocolate chips and ¼ cup of mini eggs to the side.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, increase the heat to medium and let the butter begin to foam. Keep cooking and stirring with a spatula, until the butter begins to brown and gives off a nutty smell (2-3 minutes). Pour into the bowl of a stand mixer, making sure you scrape out all of the brown butter stuck at the bottom of the pan. Let cool.
- Add the sugars, salt, vanilla baking soda, and baking powder to the stand mixer and beat with the paddle attachment. Beat for about 5 minutes until it is light and fluffy. Add the egg + yolk, and beat until the batter is smooth
- Add in the flour and beat until smooth, but don’t overmix. Fold in the mini eggs, and chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into balls (about 2 tbsp each), 32 and place on your baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between them. Press the remaining mini eggs and chocolate chips on top of each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes for soft cookies, a minute or two longer if you want them crispier.