Strawberry Crumble Cake
A soft and tender yellow cake swirled with jam and sliced strawberries and an oatmeal crumble topping.
Servings 16 slices
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup sour cream room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cup strawberries thinly sliced
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoon butter room temperature
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan.
Add all of your topping ingredients to a medium bowl. Mix everything together using your fingers until it looks like coarse sand. Set aside.
Whisk your sugar with your eggs until they become foamy with a few bubbles.
Add in the sour cream, melted butter, vanilla and salt and whisk until combined.
Pour in your flour, baking powder and baking soda. Use a rubber spatula to fold everything together until you no longer see any streaks of flour.
Pour all of the batter into your pan. Dollop your jam over and use a butter knife to swirl it around.
Scatter our thinly sliced strawberries on top.
Pour over your crumble topping evenly.
Bake for 45-50 minutes. A toothpick inserted should come out clean or with just a few crumbs.
- If you don't have kosher salt, half the amounts listed for fine sea salt (i.e. 1 teaspoon kosher salt = ½ teaspoon fine sea salt).
- Make sure your strawberries are very thinly sliced or they won't bake well in the cake.
- If you're in the UK, please be aware that US cup sizes are different to UK cup sizes.
- The crumble topping uses rolled oats
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 95mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1mg