Your fave sandwich as a rice krispie treat! These peanut butter and jelly rice krispie treats are so easy to make, and might be one of my favourite rice krispie treat variations yet.
I honestly couldn’t remember if I’d ever had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before (don’t judge, I was a super picky eater as a kid! One year all I ate was cocktail sausages) so decided I needed to give it a shot. Turns out, I have been missing out on years of PB&Js! Major regrets. I knew I had to put this in one of my next bakes, and thought a rice krispie treat variation would be perfect. I already love a peanut butter rice krispie treat (like this recipe here), and thought jelly would make it even better.
What are peanut butter & jelly rice krispie treats?
Imagine your favourite peanut butter rice krispie bars, but in the centre is a layer of jam! Literally a rice krispie sandwich. I don’t mix the peanut butter in all the way through the cereal, as I love having swirls and ribbons of peanut butter running through the bars. I also used brown butter in this recipe, because who doesn’t love a brown butter rice krispie treat?
These bars are super simply and quick to make, the longest part of this recipe is waiting for it all to set!
- Marshmallows some recipes used marshmallow creme, but I prefer using regular marshmallows in my recipe
- Butter unsalted butter is the way to go, as I prefer controlling the levels of salt in a recipe by adding kosher salt afterwards. I also brown the butter to give the treats a nuttier and toasty taste.
- Peanut Butter while I usually love an all natural peanut butter, you want to use the more processed stuff here.
- Jam/Jelly I used strawberry jam from Bonne Maman, but you can just use your favourite jam or jelly!
Other Recipes To Try:
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Blondies
- No Bake Chocolate Bars
Peanut Butter & Jelly Rice Krispie Treats
- 9×13" baking tin
- 113 grams unsalted butter ½ cup
- 566 grams marshmallows 2 x 10 ounce bags
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 260 grams rice krispie cereal 8 cups
- 226 grams peanut butter, melted ¾ cup
- 300 grams jam ¾ cup
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper
- Pour rice krispies into a large bowl and set aside
- Place butter in a large saucepan and melt. Allow the butter to begin to brown, with small brown flakes at the bottom. Add the marshmallows, vanilla and salt and stir until melted, about 3 minutes
- Pour the butter marshmallow mixture over the cereal, and then add melted peanut butter. Fold, but you don’t want to over mix as we still want thick swirls of peanut butter in the mix
- Pour half of the rice krispies into the pan and gently pat down. Spread the jam evenly. Top with the remaining cereal and gently press down.
- Let set for 1 hour, then cut into squares.